[OpenLayers-Users] Question about heatmap.js in open layers

Rafael N. rafa.jnm777 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 11:04:21 PDT 2012

Hey guys, I'm using both heatmap.js and heatmap-openlayer.js libraries to
display data in an open layers map.  My question is more about a probable
heatmap bug.

So, to add data I use the following piece of code:

            theData = {max : 0 , data : []};
            theData.data.push( {lonlat : new OpenLayers.LonLat( 90, 90 ) ,
count: 25}, {lonlat : new OpenLayers.LonLat( 180, 20 ) , count: 100}, ....
);

            //Assuming the max is 100
           theData.max = 100;

The point is that the points with highest counts will need to appear more
red than points with lower count values.  This is not happening, instead
having a series of points in a specified area results in red while less
points in blue/green colors.  Also, if the difference between counts is
real big, the max contains the highest count value, then those points which
contain count values near the max value will be shown while the rest is not
even shown.  Please help me on this one.  For more information about my
libraries refer to the following page:
http://www.patrick-wied.at/static/heatmapjs/

Appreciate your help.