[OpenLayers-Users] Unable to locate the cgi-bin/proxy

Smaran Harihar smaran.harihar at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 10:46:07 PDT 2012

Hi,

I am trying to use the WFS feature in my OpenLayers using the
cgi-bin/proxy. I am getting the following error,

POST
http://niles.iplantcollaborative.org/cgi-bin/proxy.cgi?url=http%3A%2F%2Fniles.iplantcollaborative.org%3A8080%2Fgeoserver%2FiPlant%2Fwfs404
(Not Found).

My script is on the Ubuntu Server 11.04. This is my code of WFS,

                        var QuebecSpecies = new
OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("AllQuebecSpecies", {
 strategies : [new OpenLayers.Strategy.Fixed()],
projection : new OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:4326"),
 visibility : true,
protocol : new OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS({
version : "1.1.0",
 url : "http://niles.iplantcollaborative.org:8080/geoserver/iPlant/wfs",
 featurePrefix : 'iPlant', //geoserver worspace name
featureType : "AllQuebecSpecies", //geoserver Layer Name
 featureNS : "http://geoserver-iPlant", // Edit Workspace Namespace URI
geometryName : "the_geom" // field in Feature Type details with type
"Geometry"
 })
});

--