[OpenLayers-Users] IE trick-or-treat

Mike Ryan mr at mry4n.net
Tue Jun 26 11:37:42 PDT 2012

I'm using OpenLayers within Drupal (in a Zen subtheme), so this may be
more Drupal-y than OL. But for anyone banging their head against IE 9
after they have successfully set things up in Chrome/Firefox the problem
could be that IE isn't even looking at the default styles in
theme/default/style.css.

My specific problem was that all of my Control divs (layerswitcher,
etc.) were crammed up in the top left hand corner of my map.

In Firefox/Chrome the divs were receiving the styles that put them in
the correct corners, but not in IE. I assume those styles get included
somewhere in the OL js files, because I don't see a path to style.css in
the header. Maybe this is a case of IE js not behaving well?

In any case, I manually included the style.css file so a link shows up
to it in the header and that fixed the layout.

-Mike