[OpenLayers-Users] Vector Layer w/ Canvas Renderer Not Respecting Other Layers

Mike Ryan mr at mry4n.net
Wed Jun 27 11:49:08 PDT 2012

Following up on this, since I haven't heard anything. I've played around
with the canvas hit detection example here:

http://dev.openlayers.org/releases/OpenLayers-2.11/examples/canvas-hit-detection.html

and did the following:

- made an overlay layer with some of features so that I could turn the
layer on/off
- added the LayerSwitcher control to the map
- added onFeatureSelect and onFeatureUnselect events to the layers so a
popup appears when you click on the features
- the popups appear when clicking on the visible features
- AND the popups appear when clicking on the "invisible" features in the
overlay when it is TURNED OFF

So, is this an issue with the HTML5 Canvas element itself or the way OL
uses it to render Vector layers?

Does turning a Canvas layer "off" via LayerSwitcher require some extra code?

-Mike