[OpenLayers-Users] Zoomify and fractional zoom

David Régade dregade at viewsurf.com
Wed Jun 27 05:46:11 PDT 2012

I tried this solution too and it didn't work. I had a look to this example:

http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/fractional-zoom.html

In this example tile size is allways 256x256 whatever the zoom level. But with
zoomify it can't be allways 256x256 because tiles have to be streched or
shrinked according to zoom level. zoomify relies on direct tile image url , not
a mapserver like the example above. These direct images urls have fixed
dimensions and represent allways the same "world region".
That's why I can't figure out fractionalZoom can work with Zoomify layer if the
displayed tile have allways the same size.

A solution could be to setup the integer zoom for the layer and scale the layer
(like transformDiv() does) to obtain the good result.

Regards
David