[OpenLayers-Users] Generating dynamic custom named graphics

Mark Paxton mark at innaxys.com
Fri Oct 5 01:34:54 PDT 2012

Hello,

I'm trying to greate a line that will be drawn between the external
graphics of two points.

One point has a graphic with an offset and rotation, the other just an
offset.

What I'd like to do is create a 3rd point with another graphic that
will join the two. Because the graphics are all placed with relative
pixel distances from the point, I don't think I can use LonLat as when
the map is zoomed the line wouldn't be in the right place.

I thought about creating a named graphic that would draw a line in the
correct orientation and position, though this gets centered on the
point by the symbolizer, plus if the named graphic is updated it does
not update. (I assume it's cached somewhere).

Could anyone advise on a suitable method to do this:

1) to offset a named graphic
2) change the graphic after first using it
or
3) just draw a line from x1,y1 x2,y2 pixels from a point

Thanks a lot!

Mark