[OpenLayers-Users] Vector Layer WFS protocol without strategies

Albert alnooori at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 5 02:31:34 PDT 2012

*ok I will repost my question to clarify it:

I used to apply a BBOX strategy on my vector layer (WFS protocol) :*

vLayer = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("Test", {
strategies: [new OpenLayers.Strategy.BBOX({
               ratio: 1 // makes for easier comparison to map bounds
           })],
styleMap: new OpenLayers.StyleMap({
    "default": style
}),
  maxExtent: new OpenLayers.Bounds(-180, -90, 180,
90).transform(geographic,mercator),
  sphericalMercator: true,
  protocol:  new OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS({
  url: 'http://myDomain/geoserver/wfs',
  featureType: "Layer_1",
  featureNS: "http://mapmap.org",
  srsName: "EPSG:3857",
  version: "1.1.0",
  extractAttributes: true,
  isBaseLayer: false,

    })
  });

*now I would like to remove it.. if I remove the strategies property from my
layer I got nothing! nothing appears on my map as if I don't add a layer.
Even in firebug there is no requests.

If I use Fixed strategy, Sometimes I can see the request in firebug but
nothing appears on map, and sometimes I got this error:*

<ows:ExceptionText>java.lang.IllegalStateException: A transformation
exception occurred while reprojecting data on the fly
A transformation exception occurred while reprojecting data on the fly
Latitude 91°00.0'N is too close to a pole.</ows:ExceptionText>
  </ows:Exception>

*Any Idea ?*