[OpenLayers-Users] Highlight features in WMS Layer

Tondo gpktondo at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 09:16:16 PDT 2012

Hi Andreas

I would like to ask you if there is some kind of documentation how does it
work. I checked API doc but there is not much to find. I tried to track
something  here <http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/SLDSelect.html>   but
this example ends with OpenLayers error and I wasn't even able to see what
it's supposed to do.

Please correct me if I am wrong... This checks for features in specified
area (via GetFeatureInfo?) and requests features displayed with non-default
style. Right?

I have two questions:
1.) is it possible to highlight features on hover? Let's say get coordinates
via hover event and trigger the control (I suppose this might cause serious
server overhead)
2.) is it possible to use this control on "non-SLD" styles?

Thanks

Tom