[OpenLayers-Users] Highlight features in WMS Layer

Tondo gpktondo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 02:39:01 PDT 2012

Hi Bart,

Tried this with IE, FF and Chrome using two different machines(Win XP and
Win7) and two differen networks. It doesn't work for me/nothing happens.

This
<http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/proxy.cgi?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdemo.opengeo.org%2Fgeoserver%2Fwfs%2FWfsDispatcher%3FSERVICE%3DWFS%26TYPENAME%3Dtopp%253Atasmania_water_bodies%26REQUEST%3DDescribeFeatureType%26VERSION%3D1.0.0>
seems to be timed out - FF and Chrome - OpenLayers.js, line 508. App ends
with error "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined"
- OpenLayers.js, line 1198.

IE behaves strange (as it always do) - throws error (I'll try to translate
this corretly): "Can't get value from property nodeName: Object is null or
undefined" - OpenLayers.js, line 1311

1.) I'm aware of this, but I'm not able to use WFS. WMS only :(
2.) I see... our WMS on the back-end is not styled via SLD :(

Tom