[OpenLayers-Users] best way to show many static points

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Tue Oct 9 13:12:45 PDT 2012

> I have a situation where I'm going to have hundreds of thousands of points,
> and I'm wondering what the options are for displaying them other than using
> Tiles. These points are static, I do not need to interact with them, move
> them around, etc. Any thoughts?
Have them drawn by a  WMS server of your choice (Mapserver and geoserver
are both good choices) and display as a WMS layer in OL.

 >PS: On a separate note, I'm posting this from Nabble. I've been trying
to send messages to the list for a month and the don't seem to be

Have you checked archive in nabble so see that your mail hasnt got
through? By default messages you send to the group are sent to the list
but not to the sender.