[OpenLayers-Users] Polygon Layer Projection

uk52rob uk52rob at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 12 06:44:40 PDT 2012

Can anyone help with polygon layer projections?

I have the map projection set to EPSG:4326 (does not seem to make a difference whether it's 4326 or Google's 900913).

I have loaded Google layers (OpenLayers.Layer.Google).

I have an empty polygon layer:
var wgs84 = new OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:4326");
var polygonLayer = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("New Polygon", {
projection: wgs84
});

When I retrieve the vertices, they are in, I guess, Google's EPSG:900913 projection (mX,mY):
var lastFeature = polygonLayer.features[polygonLayer.features.length-1];
var lastGeom = lastLayer.geometry.getVertices();

Does anyone know how to have the layer vertices in EPSG:4326 format?

Thanks!