[OpenLayers-Users] Polygon Layer Projection

uk52rob uk52rob at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 12 07:23:44 PDT 2012

> I have the map projection set to EPSG:4326 (does not seem to make a
> difference whether it's 4326 or Google's 900913).
> I have loaded Google layers (OpenLayers.Layer.Google).

AFAIK as I know, if you add this kind of layer, your map goes to
google projection, so you need to add data in 900913 (or translate
them).

Thanks Diego, do you know of an easy way to convert 900913 vertices to 4326 on the fly, or do I need to do this after the feature has been created?

I can pass all this back to PostGIS I guess and let that do the translation, but I would prefer to do this at the javascript level.

Regards