[OpenLayers-Users] positioning an ungeoreferenced image in the OpenLayers viewport

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Sat Oct 13 01:10:13 PDT 2012

Maybe not exactly what you are looking for, because it maps image
pixel coordinates to world coordinates, but if you are using single
images on the client for your layers, it may still help:
http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/image-layer.html.

If your images are served by GeoServer, you will have to set the
correct maxExtent for your OpenLayers layer.

Andreas.

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 7:07 PM, Garey Mills
<gmills at library.berkeley.edu> wrote:

>     I am using OpenLayers to display layers projected in EPSG 404000; that
> is, the layers are just images (this is part of the ImageCollection GeoTools
> plugin to Geoserver).
>
>     The images alway appear in the upper left hand corner of the OpenLayers
> viewport. I would really like OpenLayers to come up with the image centered.
> Can anyone suggest a way to do this?
>
> Thanks for any help;
>

> --
> Garey Mills