[OpenLayers-Users] OL: edit attributes via Popup

Imran Rajjad rajjad at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 02:44:00 PDT 2012

Hi,

http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/wfs-protocol-transactions.html

take a look at the above example .. once you have drawn the polygon
then you can add a popup for that feature containing html input
controls, Once you have filled the input fields .. you need to make a
WFS-T that creates a feature in a published layer. Refer to
http://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/user/services/wfs/reference.html
for WFS-T

regards,
Imran

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 2:37 PM, just_cat <xalien at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi all, I searched the net and different forums: Yes, this question has been
> asked a couple of times before, but never has there been a satisfying answer
> or instruction as to how to make it work. Therefore, this is also a plea for
> a tutorial or the code to a simple, comprehensible example.
>
> I have a map, a wfs-Vector layer, and tools to draw a polygon and save it in
> my postgreSQL database (via Geoserver). Now, I want to also save attributes
> in the postgreSQL-table, e.g. a description corresponding to the polygon I
> just have saved there. For this, I want a popup to appear after drawing the
> polygon, offering to enter text which is then saved in the corresponding
> postgres-column.
>
> Just like in these examples I found:
> http://gis.ibbeck.de/ginfo/apps/OLExamples/OL26/examples/styles_unique_with_group_wfs.html
> <http://gis.ibbeck.de/ginfo/apps/OLExamples/OL26/examples/styles_unique_with_group_wfs.html>
> http://dev4.mapgears.com/bdga/bdgaWFS-T.html
> <http://dev4.mapgears.com/bdga/bdgaWFS-T.html>
>
> Unfortunately, the code to these examples is too complex for me (and many
> others) to comprehend and imitate. Please, if someone knows how this is
> done, can you write a simple example and/or step by step approach to this?
>
> (also, if there is a much more simple way to achieve this functionality of
> adding and editing information on the map and save it in your database, I'm
> also open for other solutions!)
> (yes, I have asked this question elsewhere, too, but without success. There
> is also a piece of code there:
> http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/34390/how-to-collect-data-via-wfs-and-popup
> <http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/34390/how-to-collect-data-via-wfs-and-popup>
> )
>
> Help in this matter is highly appreciated,
> thanks in advance!!!!

I.R