[OpenLayers-Users] OL: edit attributes via Popup

just_cat xalien at gmx.de
Mon Oct 15 02:37:22 PDT 2012

Hi all, I searched the net and different forums: Yes, this question has been
asked a couple of times before, but never has there been a satisfying answer
or instruction as to how to make it work. Therefore, this is also a plea for
a tutorial or the code to a simple, comprehensible example.

I have a map, a wfs-Vector layer, and tools to draw a polygon and save it in
my postgreSQL database (via Geoserver). Now, I want to also save attributes
in the postgreSQL-table, e.g. a description corresponding to the polygon I
just have saved there. For this, I want a popup to appear after drawing the
polygon, offering to enter text which is then saved in the corresponding
postgres-column.

Just like in these examples I found:
http://gis.ibbeck.de/ginfo/apps/OLExamples/OL26/examples/styles_unique_with_group_wfs.html
<http://gis.ibbeck.de/ginfo/apps/OLExamples/OL26/examples/styles_unique_with_group_wfs.html>
http://dev4.mapgears.com/bdga/bdgaWFS-T.html
<http://dev4.mapgears.com/bdga/bdgaWFS-T.html>

Unfortunately, the code to these examples is too complex for me (and many
others) to comprehend and imitate. Please, if someone knows how this is
done, can you write a simple example and/or step by step approach to this?

(also, if there is a much more simple way to achieve this functionality of
adding and editing information on the map and save it in your database, I'm
also open for other solutions!)
(yes, I have asked this question elsewhere, too, but without success. There
is also a piece of code there:
http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/34390/how-to-collect-data-via-wfs-and-popup
<http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/34390/how-to-collect-data-via-wfs-and-popup>
)

Help in this matter is highly appreciated,
thanks in advance!!!!