[OpenLayers-Users] Newbie needs help zoomingToExtent

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Mon Oct 15 18:02:38 PDT 2012

On 16/10/2012 12:49 p.m., Al Vigil wrote:

> var nicBounds = new OpenLayers.Bounds(
>
> -8800000, 1500000, -8400000, 1500000
>
> );

These numbers look very strange to me given that everywhere else you are
using lat/long (4326) and North/south are the same number.
I would expect map.zoomTo(bounds) to work okay.

--
Phil Scadden, Senior Scientist GNS Science Ltd 764 Cumberland St,
Private Bag 1930, Dunedin, New Zealand Ph +64 3 4799663, fax +64 3 477 5232