[OpenLayers-Users] Does OpenLayers provide a way to check if a layer is available?

Rob Hyx robhyx at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 10:55:25 PDT 2012

Hello,

I have an OpenLayers map with several 'base layers', and by that I
mean I have a custom drop down implemented that allows toggling
between various WMS and ArcGIS layers for the base layer. Sometimes
the default layer returns pink tiles (the server issues a 500 error).
I want to be able to switch to the next one when this is not available
automatically. Does OpenLayers provide a way to do this, or would I
have to write some custom code and check whether or not I'm getting a
'png' back?

Thanks in advance!

--
HYX