[OpenLayers-Users] Projection to show track that goes around the meridian

Christer Nordbø christer at gdm.no
Wed Apr 3 04:37:46 PDT 2013

im trying to create a route displayer for ships. But im struggling with the edges of the map. When going from ie. 179* to 2* it displays a line across the entire map, instead of displaying it on the continuation of the map. (Map repeats)

I do see why it would do that. But i was hoping there was some support in openlayers for making this more or less automatic instead of breaking up the route.

I have posted the question here that includes some photos as well.
http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/56963/openlayers-linestring-over-edge-of-map?noredirect=1#comment75296_56963

Thanks for the support! :)

Med vennlig hilsen / Kind regards,

Christer Nordbø