[OpenLayers-Users] Projection to show track that goes around the meridian

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Wed Apr 3 13:15:13 PDT 2013

> I do see why it would do that. But i was hoping there was some support
> in openlayers for making this more or less automatic instead of
> breaking up the route.

Welcome to wonderful world of 180 degree problems. I have similar need
as I have seismic lines crossing the 180 line. First up, what are you
using to serve up the data? I paid for a fix into geoserver (at 2.1.3
from memory) to make this possible. It also needed 2.12 openlayers.
Critical to making it work is making sure you are serving a tiled map
(so there is a tile boundary on the 180 line) from the WMS server.

If you are doing it be vector, then consider not doing it by vector.

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential.
If received in error please destroy and immediately notify us.
Do not copy or disclose the contents.