[OpenLayers-Users] Best way to have different information shown on the same geometries

Ices_Eyes Ices.Eyes at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 06:55:09 PDT 2013

Also, I made some more researches today...
I think a way to obtain what I need is to have a table on the db that
contains something like this:
geomId  Geom Year Val1 Val2 Val3... ValN
1           ....    2008 3     3     4       7
1           ....    2009 3     5     4       150
1           ....    2010 3     5     4       15
1           ....    2011 6     50   14      75
2           ....    2008 6     50   14      7
.... and so on.
But in this way I suppose the server would redraw the same geometry
different times (but maybe not, if the geometries are id-based). An
alternative could be to have a table with data (gid, year, vals...) and one
with geometries, and then use a geoserver sql view with parameters in order
to select only geometries for a given year (in a choropleth map i can just
show one val and one year at a time...).

But at this point, another problem comes out. If I click on the map I would
like to show out a graph of the selected values for each year. I can use the
getFeature or getfeatureinfo for this, but...can i pass to the server
different parameters in order to obtain all the values needed for a single
geometry?... Sorry for all these questions :)