[OpenLayers-Users] Best way to have different information shown on the same geometries

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Thu Apr 4 13:27:41 PDT 2013

 > What I do not understand here is how change the val value for each
feature/region. I mean... their spatial geometry is always the same, but
how to bundle them with the right data?

Let me see if I have understood your problem correctly. You have fixed
geometry, but you have constantly changing attribute data.

So, you have two tables.
One consists of UniqueId, geometry

The other is
UniqueId, Attr1, Attr2, Attr3

If this is the correct set up, then you create a view in your database
that joins these two tables on the uniqueId, and then you base the WMS
store on the view, not the table.

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential.
If received in error please destroy and immediately notify us.
Do not copy or disclose the contents.