[OpenLayers-Users] Best way to have different information shown on the same geometries

Ices_Eyes Ices.Eyes at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 14:04:32 PDT 2013

Ok, I'm starting to understand the various things...
So, with a small recap, two tables, one with the various geometries and one
with the time dependant attributes. A view merge these rwo tables, or
otherwise i can also make a single table, and duplicating various time the
geometries definition, and then associate to this view/table the geoserver
data store. At this point I can construct a servlet, for example, tha
dinamically generate a sld depending on a parameter, in order to show the
attribute i want among those available...
Finally i can use the getfeature or getfeature info in order to do something
with data associated to the layer.

Now I'm trying to use the time parameter for wms-t in order to select
different year to show on the map. I think that if i set the time par for
tje getmap i can obtain only data for the selected year, while if i do not
set it for the get feature, i could obtain all the data for that features...
but at the moment, if i set the time like TIME=1997, i obtain no data...
have to work a bit on this...

By the thanks for all your help and support