[OpenLayers-Users] getting the width and and length of a rectangular feature

remi remiglobal at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 19:57:58 PDT 2013

Hi all,

1. I have been studying this label rotation patch.
http://trac.osgeo.org/openlayers/ticket/3651

2. However, I am getting problem with the size of the font getting smaller
as you zoom in the map.

3. I have been toying the idea of creating an exponential function (or any
other mathematical function) that enlarge the label's text as you zoom in.
But this idea is not perfect as it is being applied to all features
regardless of the size of the feature.

4. I have to make sure that the label's text is within the bounds of the
feature. This lead me to search for a function that can give the width and
length of a rectangular feature.

5. Is there any available function that can give me the width and length of
a rectangular feature?

6. any other ideas are welcomed.

thanks

remi