[OpenLayers-Users] OpenLayers 2.12 and IE10 messed up tiles

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Mon Apr 29 05:22:16 PDT 2013

Your test report is a bit confusing, but from your description I can
tell that the difference between 2.12 and 2.13 that causes you
headache is that we don't throttle tile loading by only sending one
request per animation frame any more. What makes your browsers stutter
is that setting the src of an image is expensive (browser cache
lookups etc.).

When upgrading from 2.12 to 2.13, one thing you will want to do when
with any of your apps that target mobile devices is to configure the
map with a TileManager. I just created a pull request that brings back
throttling to the TileManager:
https://github.com/openlayers/openlayers/pull/962.

Let us know if you see any improvements with this.

Thanks,
Andreas.

Andreas Hocevar
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org/