[OpenLayers-Users] XYZ Layer with zoom and extent restrictions

semiaddict news at semiaddict.com
Mon Apr 29 06:49:39 PDT 2013

Hello,

I am trying to setup an OL map that uses an XYZ layer as its base layer,
with the tiles served from an mbtiles file using mbtiles-php
(https://github.com/infostreams/mbtiles-php/). The mbtiles file only
contains tiles for the Paris, France region with zoom levels between 11 and
19.

I managed to get this working fine with the basic settings
(http://orbes.mobi/cinemacity/tests/test2.html - source:
http://orbes.mobi/cinemacity/tests/test2.js), but I would like to add zoom
and extent restrictions. As soon as I do so by adding the layer options
maxExtent, zoomOffset, or numZoomLevels, the XYZ parameters used in the tile
URLs become relative instead of absolute
(http://orbes.mobi/cinemacity/tests/test1.html - source:
http://orbes.mobi/cinemacity/tests/test1.js).

Am I using the wrong options, or do I need to override the getXYZ function,
and with what ?

Thank you in advance for any help.