[OpenLayers-Users] free proxy wfs

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Tue Dec 17 14:13:50 PST 2013

> The open proxy has been implemented a lot here in the Netherlands back
> in the days when "the internet was a safe place".

A proxy for OL should absolutely not be an open proxy. The example
proxies for OL are white-list proxies that require listing the WFS
server and ports that can be used. CORS is more elegant but I dont think
XHR in OL supports it yet??? (And as you say, requires cooperation from
the provider though this isnt an issue here I think).

However, as per earlier email, a "proxy" for OL can be so much  more -
doing fine-grained security filters on attributes, complex joins and
complex calculated attributes.

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential.
If received in error please destroy and immediately notify us.
Do not copy or disclose the contents.