[OpenLayers-Users] free proxy wfs

Arnd Wippermann arnd.wippermann at web.de
Sat Dec 21 11:12:14 PST 2013

Hi,

It seems to be a case of CORS - "Cross-Origin Resource Sharing".

As far as I have understood CORS, a webserver must explicit allow the
request for his data
and the browser must support CORS.

On my local pc I use two webserver on different ports.

I have one webserver (iis) configured to send the addional headers:

Access-Control-Allow-Origin: http://localhost:7080
Access-Control-Allow-Credentials: true
Access-Control-Allow-Methods: HEAD, POST, OPTIONS, GET
Access-Control-Allow-Headers: content-type

and because I use asp for my requests, I have to add the
request method "OPTIONS" to the asp scripts properties.

After the configuration I opened an OpenLayers testpage in the
second webserver (apache on port 7080).

The page requests for a gml file and a wfs, which resides both on the first
webserver.
And get the responses, which would displayed in the map. No proxy involved.

The demo.opengeo.org server is configured to allow access from different
domains.
That's the reason, that you need no proxy.

If you configure your own server to allow access for your partners, then you
would not need a proxy
on the client side.

Good luck,
Arnd