[OpenLayers-Users] wmts layer with different server provider

maven apache apachemaven0 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 02:37:05 PDT 2013

Hi:

We have a large scope of map data which are published by wmts. But they are
deployed at the different server, Each server hold a part of the data. And
we use the bbox to define the extent of the provided data.

For example,

0,0,20,20 ==> http://server1/wmts.. (this means data inside the bbox of
(0,0,20,20) should request the data from server1.

20,20,40,40 ==> http://server2/wmtsservice...

And each server will have a different `Attribution` which should displayed
inside the map.

Now I wonder how to make them work together.

I have two ideas now:

1) create one wmts layer.

Then listen the `moveTo` event of the map, then change the url and
attribution of the layer accordingly.

2) create each wmts layer for each server, of course the layer will have a
`tileFullExtent` property.

Then I think OL will load the layers accordingly(layers whose extent are
outside of the current viewport will not be loaded). Is this possible?

If manner 2 is possible, I wonder which is better with performance
considered?