[OpenLayers-Users] wmts layer with different server provider

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Sun Jun 16 14:54:53 PDT 2013

> 0,0,20,20 ==> http://server1/wmts.. (this means data inside the bbox
> of (0,0,20,20) should request the data from server1.
If you ask this server for 0,0,40,40 will it only provide 0,0,20,20 or
will it provide incorrect data for larger part of the area? If the
former, then dont worry about it - just define  each wmst as layers and
add them all. They should just overlay fine. You may want to capture and
deal with attribution detail separately though.

Another approach which would work if you had access to a geoserver
server (or installed it). It can group multiple layers as a layer group
and then OL just serves the layer group. Again, you would have to deal
with attribution separately

> 2) create each wmts layer for each server, of course the layer will
> have a `tileFullExtent` property.
I'd go 2/ but be sure that you have to even worry about the extents.

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential.
If received in error please destroy and immediately notify us.
Do not copy or disclose the contents.