[OpenLayers-Users] opening popup through clicking on symbol

xenos mbougenville at gmail.com
Mon May 20 11:21:52 PDT 2013

Hello,

I'm trying to find a way (and first an example because I'm quite a beginner
with JavaŚcript and OpenLayers) to use a popup in the map by clicking on the
icon of a WMS point layer.
I've only found examples which has used polygons to demonstrate how it
works, like this one:
http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/getfeatureinfo-popup.html

Maybe it should be obvious how to use it for the icons but unfortunately not
for a beginner like me...

Does somebody have maybe an example or an advice for me?

Thx a lot!