[OpenLayers-Users] Staring issue with WMS and public IP

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Mon May 20 14:14:06 PDT 2013

> I'm facing a strange problem with my application (Openlayers). It works with
> private IP but not with public IP !! Everything was fine when I was using
> WFS/Vector. but since I switch to WMS, problem showed up!! seems like it
> couldn't retrieve layers from Geoserver. Locally, it's okay but using puplic
Well WMS is simple GETs - not even a proxy involved. You can get one of
the GETs from firebug NET and open in separate tab (right click on
item). if you cant see something obvious wrong with the URL from that,
then I would suggest you have a firewall rule problem.

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential.
If received in error please destroy and immediately notify us.
Do not copy or disclose the contents.