[OpenLayers-Users] WFS and OL

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Tue Oct 15 13:04:10 PDT 2013

Please keep on list so others might help.

Show you map, and then do the GETFeature click that is returning
everything. It is a call on the NET table with request=GetFeatureInfo in
it (and of particular interest will be the bbox and SRS).

I have never user Mapserver so not able to help there, but general
design is for OL to set the project and to pass requests to the WMS
server specifying the SRS that it is using. I could not see any SRS
specified on your map config so I guess it defaults to 4326. You might
want to reconsider this as 4326 (more or les Plate Carre) has no
redeeming features as a projection at all, but this isnt relevant to the
problem at hand. It looks to me like the getfeatureinfo request in OL is
sending a request that mapserver interprets as asking for a bbox over
the whole area. You might improve things somewhat by setting up the map
with maxextent etc.

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential.
If received in error please destroy and immediately notify us.
Do not copy or disclose the contents.