[OpenLayers-Users] Offline Storage Help

ANC anajera at bicimapas.com.mx
Thu Jan 16 09:16:42 PST 2014

Thanks for the information Andreas.

Continuing with this topic, in order to have a full offline option, I have
added a manifest file to load the full page and openlayers functionality to
be cached.  I then, while being online,  load the page, cache the tiles for
the area of interest and then go offline. The cached tiles show as expected.
But if, while being offline and to test whether the tiles remain available
between sessions, I do a refresh or open the page in a new window after
closing the original session , the Openlayers UI shows properly (the
manifest file is working) but the tiles do not show anymore. I am looking to
keep the tiles between sessions.

Looking at the HTML5 documentation, Web storage, which I understand is what
these functions are using,  has 2 options:

localStorage - stores data with no expiration date and sessionStorage -
stores data for one session

The question being, are the cacheWrite/cacheRead functions based on
sessionStorage, that is cached files are stored just fot the active session?
Is there a way to preserve the cached tiles between sessions? I have tested
with both "tileerror" and "tileloadstart" fetchEvents in cacheRead but it
seems to make no difference.

Thank you