[OpenLayers-Users] Add background features to map

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Mon Jul 14 21:30:44 PDT 2014

> And unfortunately we do not serve any wms server at the  moment, and I
> am afraid that importing geoserver or other wms server in our project
> will be almost impossible.

Then are SERIOUSLY up against it. Very large geometries and javascript
without some kind of tile server is total nightmare. Browsers just cant
hack it, nor can internet data transfer rates. How were you proposing to
fetch the vectors? GeoJSON files? You might want to look at what UTFGrid
can do for you but you still have the problem of fetching large no. of
vectors across the internet in a verbose format, and drawing them in js.
You cant rely on everyone to have Chrome. More than 500 vertices is
enough to choke IE. I think you have to look at some kind of tile
server.  I dont quite get what you mean by  "import" a tile server into
your project either? Are you looking at off-internet standalone? There
are tile server options for this kind thing.

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential.
If received in error please destroy and immediately notify us.
Do not copy or disclose the contents.