[OpenLayers-Users] Sugggestions for implementing raster time series

VictoriaH bhudspeth at edac.unm.edu
Sun Oct 12 11:14:59 PDT 2014

Hello,

I am currently trying to build a web application in OpenLayers that will
allow a user to either 1. select a date from a dropdown and have the map
display a raster image with an indexed date; or 2. use a slider to drag to
show the rasters associated with the indexed dates.

On the backend, I have tried for weeks to get a Geoserver imagemosaick
plugin to load my series of geotiff images...nothing but endless
problems...about ready to give up on geoserver. I can use mapserver as an
alternative, as I have experience setting up a time-enabled raster layer...

On the front end, I want to use a javascript module that is easy to
understand...I have seen documentation for jquery slider, jquery ui and
layout....I would like to know what combination of tools users might have
experience with for serving time series raster data, and a front end that
can easily allow selecting dates and even building animations.. I would
appreciate being able to look at code examples for doing this with one of
the javascript modules...

Thanks, Vick