[osgeo4w-dev] MapServer-dev and gdal repackaged

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Apr 7 15:19:34 EDT 2008

Folks,

I have uploaded a new build of mapserver-dev built from trunk (for some
key bug fixes for a client).  I have also uploaded GDAL 1.5.1-1, but in
fact this package is built from the 1.5 branch rather than from 1.5.1
itself since I needed some key fixes.  This raises the question of how
willing we are to build the supposed stable versions of packages from
branches instead of fixed releases.  In the case of GDAL I would claim
the stable branch is in fact quite stable and it gives the "best value"
of stability and bug fixes.  There is some ambiguity though in naming
the package 1.5.1-1 though.