[osgeo4w-dev] proj updated, mapserv needs rebuild

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sat Mar 15 14:17:13 EDT 2008

Folks,

I have rebuilt the proj.4 and ogdi packages.  The PROJ.4 package now
includes datum shift files.  But I also took this opportunity to name
the DLL "proj.dll" instead of "proj_fw.dll" since the GDAL package was
not working properly with the proj_fw.dll name - and it is non-standard.

I rebuilt the OGDI package to use the new proj dll.

The mapserver package will also need to be rebuilt.  In the meantime it
won't work for anyone who updates to the latest proj.4.

If anyone needs a work around it should be possible to copy
c:\OSGeo4W\bin\proj.dll to C:\OSGeo4W\bin\proj_fw.dll.