[osgeo4w-dev] Adding some new packages to osgeo4w

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Jul 30 11:26:25 EDT 2009

<
> 2 to support some plugins for qgis I would like to insert OWSLIB [].
> This python library makes OGC service based applications easier to make.
>

> I am familiar with Linux, windows and Cygwin. I have experience
> compiling source code, but not creating source code to compile. I script
> mostly in python so have some skill sto go on.
>
> Although these packages are not necessarily OSGEO projects they
> certainly would be considered supporting projects.

Dave,

Sorry for missing you in IRC the other day.  I would be happy to provide
some help for packaging the above for OSGeo4W.  You should read over:

   http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/wiki/PackagingInstructions

I can provide an account for you on upload.osgeo.org if you give me your
osgeo userid.

I would suggest starting with OWSLib which should be pretty easy.