[osgeo4w-dev] OSGeo4W Governance

Yewondwossen Assefa yassefa at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Feb 19 11:51:34 EST 2010

> So I think the timing is good to setup a PSC.
>
> I agree that being a packager for OSGeo4W needs to be taken more
> seriously, or at least we need to be recording who is packaging what.
>
> For the PSC, I would second your suggestions, and also add
> Yewondwossen Assefa (who was has been involved since the beginning,
> but I have not verified with him yet if he is interested in being on
> the PSC), and also Hirofumi Hayashi (who is very honored to be
> considered for the PSC, may have not been visible before but has a
> strong interest in this product...indeed in a very short amount of
> time his team have made some great improvements in the product)

Thanks Jeff, It would be an honor for me. I feel bad that my
contributions to the project stalled these past few months but I will
start getting more involved specifically with the MapServer project and
high level tools based on it, Tinyows,  and in any things touching the
'InstallfromCD'

best regards,

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst