[Oskari-user] Interview about background and development of Oskari

Erik Albers eal at fsfe.org
Tue Apr 10 08:19:06 PDT 2018

Hi all,

I am Erik from the Free Software Foundation Europe. We have been launching our
Public Money? Public Code! campaign last year in the we demand that publicly
financed software developed for the public sector is made publicly available
under a Free and Open Source Software licence: https://publiccode.eu/

Now we like to bring new attention to our demands with a series of interviews.
The idea is in particular to highlight good examples so other decision-takers
and administrations can see the benefit and practice of using, developing and
spreading Free Software.

I found Oskari because it was 2nd prize winner in the Cross border category at
the Share&Reuse Conference. After checking a while your homepage, I come to
the conclusion that Oskari could be very interesting to highlight as a
positive example of publicly financed software.

To do so, I am looking for an interview partner. It would be awesome to get
someone who is in charge for oskari from the government for this. As I could
not find any other contact-adress except this list, I thought to ask here to
find a suitable person. If you have any contact for me, please let me know.

Be aware that I am not member of the list, so please include my address in any
reply.

Thank you very much,
   Erik

--
No one shall ever be forced to use non-free software
Erik Albers | Communication & Community Coordinator | FSFE