[Oskari-user] Uploaded shape files not visible

Mäkinen Sami (MML) sami.makinen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Mon Aug 6 00:36:45 PDT 2018

Hi,

Just got back from the vacation, but Sanna is correct. The imports can be used by non-admin users - the data is only visible to the user that imported the data until the user uses the dataset in a published map. Where as WMS-service registered to Oskari is something that can be shared between users (shows in the maplayer listing). There are some restrictions for the imports so not everything works (for example images in KMLs). Filenames with non-ASCII characters might not work depending on the Oskari version you are using. Does uploading the file work in for example https://kartta.paikkatietoikkuna.fi? If not we could take a look at it to see why. Otherwise you might have some misconfiguration on your setup or you might need to update the Oskari version as there has been some fixes to the functionality recently.

BR,

     Sami