[Oskari-user] Searching for funding of Myplaceimport tool

Sanna Jokela sanna at gispo.fi
Wed Jun 27 05:01:59 PDT 2018

Hello Oskari-people!

We are launching a crowdsourcing scheme in order to improve the existing
Oskari Myplaceimport tool.

This spring we noticed with Aurajokisäätiö (Sinikka Paulin) that if NGOs
would like to use some Oskari based service, like Paikkatietoikkuna.fi, and
showcase their own datasets through embedded maps, they can not manage the
information provided in the popup-infobox. Images are not shown as images
and you can not change the order of the fields. Also if one would like to
hide fields or give them alias names, this is currently not possible. The
Myplaceimport tool is so cool feature and we can find many use cases for
it, we just need to tweak it a bit :)

So! Here is a solution :) We at Gispo and Sitowise are willing to do the
job, if we can find suitable funding and thus we are now testing how
crowd-sourcing could help the NGOs like Aurajokisäätiö and other users of
Myplaceimport.

We have estimated that it will take about a week to design, develop and
document the enhancement. This has been already discusses in GitHub
<https://github.com/oskariorg/oskari-docs/issues/65>and seen as a good
improvement by the Oskari PSC members and it should become as a core
feature in Oskari when developed.

If you have any suggestions to the enhancement or would be willing to
crowdfund it, we are very grateful for all input!

Suomeksi: http://www.gispo.fi/ajankohtaista/myplaceimport_oskari/

In English: http://www.gispo.fi/en/news/donate-to-oskari-
myplaceimport-development/

We are hoping to get the funds raised in August and start the work right
away. Hope to hear your thoughts on this :)

And those leaving for summer vacation, have a nice holiday!

Br,
--
Sanna Jokela
paikkatietoasiantuntija