[Oskari-user] Peltodata and request for proposal

Petri Linna (TAU) petri.linna at tuni.fi
Tue Apr 16 03:21:39 PDT 2019

Hi

We are designing request for proposals to develop of Peltodata/Oskari. We have two things, which we would like to find solutions through open proposal process. However, there might be already a solution or other ideas to them, so I ask the community first.

The first thing that needs to be developed is that the user of the peltodata service could upload data to the service itself. The user will have a big raster image(s) of the field, which he uploads to the service, and the data goes to the PostgreSQL / Postgis table in Peltodata. The data will then appear through the user interface to the user as a new layer. All of this should happen automatically after the user logs in and uploads the data to the service.

Another thing need to be develop relates to the data of the yield sensor data, where the user also downloads the data to the service itself. In this case, the data is in a zip file including multiple files. The project has done a python code to select the correct shp files that are used to export the right data to the temporal database table. In that table data will be corrected with a python code which has done in project. Once the fixes have been made, the final data is exported to the PostgreSQL / Postgis of Peltodata, which will be displayed to the user as a new layer via the user interface.

There will be third request proposal, which an hour pricing is asked for. Because there are also smaller development things of peltodata service.

The purpose of this message is to get an initial view of the Oskari community so that I can build the better request proposal and the benefit of other users of the Oskari platform.

Best regards, Petri Linna
---

Tampere University of Technology -> Tampere University
PL300, 28100 PORI
work: +358 408262720 -> +358 45  183 9630
@petrilinna

My new email address will be petri.linna at tuni.fi<mailto:petri.linna at tuni.fi>, because of combination of three higher education institution. https://www.tuni.fi/en. Please, update also my phone number.