[Oskari-user] Hotfix, upcoming release and PSC notes

Mäkinen Sami (MML) sami.makinen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Wed Apr 24 06:44:54 PDT 2019

Hi everyone,

We had a PSC meeting as scheduled a couple of weeks ago but I got a bit carried away with working on the next version of Oskari and forgot to give you the notes. Anyway, here's the memo: https://oskariorg.github.io/psc/psc-memo/2019/04/09/PSC_April_2019.html

We also released a hotfix for the server last week with a fix to the metadata search that was broken in 1.51.0 after a library update and some fixes on styling lines/borders for user generated content. Here's the notes:
1.51.1

For a full list of changes see: https://github.com/oskariorg/oskari-server/milestone/17?closed=1

  *   Fixes for my places and userlayer line/border styles
  *   Fix metadata search/CSW integration

As for the next release (1.52.0) we are currently targeting early/mid May. It has a new WFS-integration backend that you can opt-in for your Oskari instances. With normal update you will get the current "transport" backend for showing data from vector sources. We are preparing a migration guide that helps you taking the new functionality for a spin and to see/test if there are any problems you encounter that would need to be fixed before migrating everyone to the new functionality in a future version. The new functionality has some nice eye-candy like hovering the vector features and support for WFS 3.0 to make it worth your while.

Best regards,
      Sami