[Ottawa_users] URISA -- Education in GIS Industry

Sampson, David dsampson at NRCan.gc.ca
Mon Nov 19 07:33:29 EST 2007

I would start by attending our intro to GRASS next month at Carleton
university... date TBA... This will be part of our monthly meeeting,
followed by drink sin the pub.

Stay tuned.

________________________________

From: ottawa_users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org
[mailto:ottawa_users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Regie Alam
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2007 13:21
To: Ottawa (Canada) Local Chapter List
Subject: [Ottawa_users] URISA -- Education in GIS Industry

Hello,

     My colleague here at Terrapoint is a member of the Communication
Committee of the Ontario chapter of URISA (Urban and Regional
Information Systems Association <http://www.urisa.org/> ). She says they
are planning to include an "Education in the GIS industry" section of
their newsletter. I told her I may be able to write something about
educational programs on open source GIS software/tools here in Ottawa.
Can anybody suggest a good start?

Thanks,
Regie