[OWSLib-devel] [OWSLib-users] Fwd: Call for OWS Common Server Python base

Ricardo Filipe Soares Garcia da ricardo.garcia.silva at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 03:58:51 PDT 2013

Hi

This sounds like a good idea. Count me in.

I have recently started implementing a Python server to comply with OGC
OSEO[1] so this timing is perfect (find the pyoseo project here[2] for more
details, but don't expect much yet).

I have been looking at some code from pywps and pycsw for inspiration.

For pyoseo I am looking into using the pyxb[2] library, which can parse XML
schema and create Python objects from them. It has support for most (all?)
 OGC schemas and seems to work really nicely from my tests. It can be used
to facilitate the generation of the response XML documents. Do you think we
could investigate if using this library will be a good thing here as well?
We'll speak more about it from the 24th onwards.

Best regards

[1] - http://www.opengeospatial.org/standards/oseo
[2] - https://github.com/ricardogsilva/pyoseo
[3] - http://pyxb.sourceforge.net/