[OWSLib-devel] OWS Common server discussion

Tom Kralidis tomkralidis at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 16:09:13 PDT 2013

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 3:19 PM, Jachym Cepicky
<jachym.cepicky at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> even in my previous e-mail, I said, we start on Monday 24.10.2013 - I
> think, this is *the* Monday, I was thinking about (sorry for the mess
> again).
>
> OK, as already said, it seems, many python projects would like to work
> together on common OGC OWS* server implementation, and than grow on top
> of it.
>
> It also seems, that many projects already have something, they would
> like to share.
>
> How shall we approach?

Maybe we can agree on some high level requirements, look at what's out
there and then start a branch in OWSLib (in owslib.server)?  Initial
thoughts:

- requirements
 - standards
  - OWS Common (v 1/2)
  - OGC Filter (v 1/2)
  - SOAP
 - interfaces
  - CGI
  - WSGI
  - methods
   - GET
   - POST
   - POST XML

- existing implementations
 - PyWPS
 - pycsw
 - eoxserver
 - cows
 - others?

>From implementing pycsw, I would say it would be useful to have
something I can reuse to handle HTTP requests, serve Capabilities XML
(allowing for extension as per spec), parse an OGC Filter statement
into something Pythonic.

Comments?