[owslib-users] WPS support

Tom Kralidis tomkralidis at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 13 11:12:10 PDT 2011

> From: Luca.Cinquini at jpl.nasa.gov
> To: owslib-users at lists.sourceforge.net
> Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 10:39:23 -0700
> Subject: [owslib-users] WPS support
>
> Hi,
> at NOAA/ESRL we have a need to execute HTTP requests to the WPS services offered by the USGS. I was referred to the OWSlib code as a library for executing OGC invocations... It is indeed a great start, but it looks like it does not contain any WPS support yet. So the question is - is anybody working on enabling WPS client-side functionality ? If not, what is the process for contributing such a code to the project ? It looks like it shouldn't be that difficult, building on what exists already.
>
> thanks a lot,
> Luca

Luca: there is an open ticket for WPS client currently: http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/owslib/ticket/1, but no work done on it so far (AFAIK).

I've also cc'd Jachym Cepicky of pywps (WPS server), who has expressed interest in building a WPS client in owslib.

In terms of contributions, I would suggest signing up to the owslib-devel list and we can take the discussion from there.  At a high level, a patch or committer status (on consensus) to add the support would be the way to go.  And reusing as much of what's in the codebase (OWS Common, Filter, common methods, etc.).

..Tom