[OWSLib-users] WPS ExceptionReport not detected when inside a ExecuteResponse

Roger Veciana i Rovira rveciana at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 06:40:12 PDT 2012

I've just sent a message asking why the I couldn't get the exceptions
in a WPS request, saying that it was, maybe, because the parseResponse
method didn't process the exceptions.
Looking the code better, I've seen that the code actually catches the
exception properly, but in one point of the _parseExceptionReport()
method, tries to parse all the exceptions using:

for exceptionEl in root.findall( nspath('Exception', ns=getNamespace(root)) ):

In my case, this doesn't find the Exceptions. I think that it's
something related to the second parameter of "findall", because
changing it to

for exceptionEl in root.findall( nspath('Exception') ):

works.

The xml of the response containing the Exception is:

<ows:Exception xmlns:ows="http://www.opengis.net/ows/1.1"
xmlns:wps="http://www.opengis.net/wps/1.0.0"
xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"
exceptionCode="MissingParameterValue" locator="variable"/>

When missing a parameter and:

<ows:Exception xmlns:ows="http://www.opengis.net/ows/1.1"
xmlns:wps="http://www.opengis.net/wps/1.0.0"
xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"
exceptionCode="NoApplicableCode">
                    <ows:ExceptionText>Error text</ows:ExceptionText>
                </ows:Exception>

When I throw a NoApplicableCode Exception from the server.

Do you thing that it's because of the pyWPS response or the  owslib parser?

Thank you again.

Roger