[pal-developer] How to use Curved Arrangement in PAL Algo

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 04:30:58 EST 2011

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 1:39 PM, Olivier ERTZ <olivier.ertz at heig-vd.ch> wrote:
> Hi,
> currently, stable release (0.2) of PAL library is available from here
> http://geosysin.iict.ch/pal-trac, but does not include a curve arrangement.
> It seems you are using the qgis branch Martin Dobias has adapted for the
> QGIS integration. He will probably be able to give you more information.
>
> Nonetheless, it's planned to merge qgis branch in the trunk for a next
> release, but currently the work did not start. Feel free to help for this.
>
> Olivier.
>
> On 02/22/2011 09:46 AM, vishal at scanpointgeomatics.com wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Thank you for your PAL labeling solution, But i have one problem for Curved
> arrangement
> i have one layer which is line layer nut i want to display curved type label
> that's why i'm setting Curved Arrangement flag in layer
> But i can not get right output.
>
> So can you give me what is input naccessery for Line Curved and how to get
> Curved output, in C++ code

Hi Vishal

given that you are using PAL copy from QGIS repository, you just have
to specify P_CURVED arrangement when adding a layer to PAL. Returned
labels are not a simple rectangle anymore - it's a rectangle for each
character, so the returned label rectangle is just for one character,
further characters are retrieved using getNextPart() calls.

Martin